Learn more about launching a successful open enrollment during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Meet Our Guests
Sena Meilleur is a Principal at OneDigital, a national team of experienced, local employee benefits advisors who create greater value for employers and inspire individuals to become more engaged health care consumers. Sena entered the benefits consulting business in 1997, and worked in client account management for over fifteen years. She became a Certified Wellness Program Coordinator in 2008, and earned her Registered Employee Benefits Consultant designation in 2009. Sena’s passion is working with her client partners to develop and enhance their benefits platforms to meet the employer’s strategic goals. With the advent of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, compliance has added another layer of complexity to employee benefits; in 2015 Sena became a Chartered Healthcare Consultant with a focus on the Affordable Care Act as it applies to employer groups. She earned an MBA from New England College of Business and Finance in 2018.
Outside of work, Sena enjoys running, cooking, and spending time with her husband, Kevin, and their two dogs.
You can connect with Sena on LinkedIn.
Senior Account Manager, OneDigital
Kim Adams is a Senior Account Manager at OneDigtial, a national team of experienced, local employee benefits advisors who create greater value for employers and inspire individuals to become more engaged health care consumers.
Kim has over 13 years of experience in the benefits industry. She is experienced with executive account management and specializes in compliance, benefits administration, escalated employee issues and benefit implementation.
Prior to joining OneDigital, she was in HR for many years and received a Master’s degree in Administration & Management from St. Michael’s College.
You can connect with Kim on LinkedIn.
Open Enrollment and COVID-19
- How has COVID-19 changed Open Enrollment protocols?
- What benefits or enrollment trends have emerged as a result of COVID-19?
Communicating Open Enrollment
- What should HR professionals do to safely communicate benefits with employees?
- Companies usually distribute print benefits books and add posters around the office. Is it still okay to do these things?
- We know a lot of clients like face-to-face time with employees during open enrollment. Obviously, that may not be possible right now. What do you recommend HR professionals and benefits directors do to maintain that human touch in these uncertain times?
- Would you recommend employers opting for a passive enrollment this year rather than active?
- What about auto-enrollment? Would that be a good option during this pandemic?
Links and Resources Mentioned
Don’t forget to subscribe!